Day 152: Round Two

Day 152: Round Two

Whew…round two has been slogged through my friends. That’s two weeks worth of work in…8 days. Pretty nuts, eh? And I’m back at it after a two-day hiatus.

Cooper is down below my chair and he just let out a really big sigh. I still feel a little pent up, myself. Wanting to exhale. Yes…I *almost* used the phrase “waiting to exhale,” but the hour is too late to get all Whitney Houston up in this piece. Pent up, I guess, because I was hoping to make up some of the extra ground that I’m behind overall. But, I didn’t get that to happen today. Today was a struggle, and in a different way than days are usually a struggle. I was tired and hungry today. It’s hard to work really fast when you’re tired and hungry ๐Ÿ˜›

I don’t eat enough when I get really focused on getting something done. It’s not the best idea, given that I am, in fact, trying to get a lot done which (duh) requires energy. Mostly, though, was the tiredness. I did not get a good night’s sleep last night. I don’t know if it was because of that poor dog, or just the fact that we’d gone out at all, or that it seemed to be warm in the bedroom despite Danby doing his darndest, or perhaps that I didn’t take Benadryl…whatever the reason, I woke up three times throughout the night, and was still tired the next morning.

I think I just have to come to the terms that these third days are going to be a little rough around the edges for a while. Perhaps forever. Three 13 hours days in a row is a lot. And that’s what these days are. 8:30am to 9:30/10pm. Three days in a row. I work hard for my money, peeps. Wouldn’t have it any other way, though.

Found some really cool music during this last stretch of work. Tonight was a late day since I woke up an hour later than usual, and the music helped me bear down and finished what I needed to finish.

Man…I really don’t have much else to talk about, today was really about work. And I was planning to do some work tomorrow and Monday…but now I’m thinking that might actually be a *bad* idea. I’m feeling pretty burned out, actually. But, hey, I felt that waking up this morning and I still got a full day’s work in. Life is still good, peeps. I’m just tired.

Let’s see…Monday means day one of the writings. That has to happen even if I am feeling tired and burned out. It’s the whole point, isn’t it? So, that’s happening. I’m excited about that, actually. I just exhaled, thinking about that. Getting back on track. The more I develop my pilot idea, the more excited I get about it. That’s a good thing ๐Ÿ˜› And this blog is helping a lot with all that, finding pictures every night, listening to music…it’s all allowing me to SEE this universe.

Anyway, that’s *exactly* the kind of stuff that I need to be thinking about at this time of night. And I’m going to go play some golf tomorrow, work on my irons game. I don’t think I even wrote about it a few days ago, but I played a regulation 9-hole course, which means they were full length holes with a couple par-5’s and a couple par-3’s, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that all my work on my driver swing is paying off. My drives were almost perfect, in fact. I only sliced one of them. My iron shots, however, were horrendous. Really, really bad. So, I think a visit to the 18-hole par-3 course is exactly what the doc ordered ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s off to bed now, and do some day planning for the next two. I’m a planner, what can I say? I can actually relax more if I have a plan ๐Ÿ˜›

Good night, guys. See you tomorrow. BASEBALL happens Monday. Eeeeee.