Day 307: Back in SF

Day 307: Back in SF

I feel like I was just up here in the Bay…


Yup. I’m back. We took off this morning from LA, 11:30? I think we wanted to leave at, like, 9:30, but that was when we woke up. So, you know, that wasn’t gonna happen. We took the time to clean up the house, tho, and double-check all of our packing, eat a solid breakfast. It was perfect. And, we got $0.20 off gas at the shell station for using our Ralph’s Rewards. BOOM. Gotta love that, right?

I took the first leg of the drive since I was pretty bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and Liz was a little weary from having stayed up much later than I did last night. Listened to Coldplay on spotify while she took a good solid nap.

Then we stopped in Panoches, our little favorite stop that we’ve decided is our favorite on the drive up. Which we’ve literally done a million times over the last 10 years. Yes. Liz and I have been together for 10 YEARS now. Mind explosion. Anyway, we stopped at Panoches and decided to try something different by going to Foster Freeze instead of getting mcnuggets across the way. And, it was delicious, mind you, be JESUS. We hugely underestimated the size of what we ordered. We got their mixed-up ice-cream doohickies in the smallest possible size, JUNIOR SIZE…and it was a freaking mountain of instantly-melting-ness. Plus two full meals of burgers, fries, and a drink. It was an untenable situation, so we pretty much immediately ditched the drinks and one of the ice-creams, and then still struggled to eat the rest. Which we didn’t even finish that. It was chaos.

Then Liz drove for a while, we got to see what the reservoir next to the 152 looked like in the drought (ie- very, very low) and then I took a nap for about 45 minutes to an hour.

And then, we were on the 101 driving up through San Jose and just a hop skip and a jump away from Liz’s parents. Got in around…5:30 I think? Took the dogs for a walk, and then came home and did some wedding email and planning stuff, and then it was time for dinner. Shrimp Louis. Delicious again. And it was some more aerobic wedding stuff before a shower, some delicious mango sorbet, and now sleepy times.

I wanted to write a few pages tonight on the novel, but it’s not gonna happen. I’m too tired, and it would keep the Ho up too, and I know for a fact that she’s also tired. So, hopefully that happens tomorrow. I’m so close to hitting the goal (pretty much) right on time. I’d like to try and make that happen. In fact, I will. It’s totally doable tomorrow. Just carve out an hour early on in the day, and then another one later on. And boom. Done.

That’s all for tonight. I’ll see you crazy cats tomorrow!